What difference can you make, in this moment,
to bring the greatest net value to our world?
Is your global strategy bringing you the impact and results you need?
We bring experience, perspective, ideas, skill, and strategy to move organizations into and through complex global issues, initiatives, and expansion with fewer obstacles and greater strength, performance, and impact.
Whether you are a start-up, need stabilization, or are growth-focused, we can take you there... including goal setting, strategic planning, team motivation, board effectiveness, visibility, impact, and getting programs and organizations moving forward.
- International Organization Advising
- NonProfit Management and Strategy
- NGO and IGO Impact Improvement
- Government Contract Turn-Around
- Leadership and Board Assessment
- The term "Non-Governmental Organization" was created in Article 71 of the United Nations Charter in 1945
- Worldwide, there are approximately 10 million non-governmental organizations (NGOs) (Source: The Global Journal)
- NGOs, collectively, are the 5th largest world economy(Source: John Hopkins University, Center for Civil Society Studies)
- 31% of global population donated to charity in 2015; 24% volunteered (Source: CAF World Giving Index 2015)
- NGO donors increased from 1.2 billion in 2011 to 1.4 billion in 2014. By 2030, the expected number of donors is 2.5 billion (Source: Charities Aid Foundation)
- 80% of global citizens agree NGOs make it easier to be involved in positive social change (Source: Walden University)
- In the United States, there are 1.4+ million non-profits. They employ 11.4 million Americans (Source: Urban Institute/Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- The estimated U.S. volunteer value is $23.07 per hour. At 7.7 billion hours of volunteering in 2013 by 62.6 million Americans (25.4% of the population), that is, $173 billion (Source: Independent Sector)
- NGO giving in the U.S. was $358.38 Billion in 2014 (2% of GDP) – an increase of 7.1% from 2013 (Source: Giving USA Foundation)
- In Canada, 84% of people donate to NGOs at an average of $446 per year; that is, $10.6 billion donated annually (Source: Imagine Canada)
- In Mexico, there are 10,700 registered NGOs. 66% focus on providing access to healthcare (Source: Cemefi)
- In Brazil, 62% of salaried NGO employees are female; they earn 75% of the wages paid to male counterparts (Source: Abong)
- In Europe, there are 129K+ public-benefit foundations. They collectively give more than 53 billion euros annually (Source: Donors and Foundations Networks in Europe)
- In England and Wales, there are 165,000 registered charities, 948,000 employees, 943,000 trustees, and 3,200,000 volunteers (Source: Charity Commission)
- In The Hague, Netherlands, International City of Peace and Justice, it is home to 160 NGOs employing more than 14,000 people (Source: The Hague International Center)
- In France, 40% of the population volunteers with a local association or NGOs; and 22% regularly donate money (Source: France Bénévolat)
- In Germany, the Third Sector consists of 600K+ NGOs. 40% of them were founded after 2000 (Source: ZiviZ)
- In Sweden, there are 232K NGOs and 58% of their employees are female (Source: Statistiska centralbyråns)
- India has over 3.3 million NGOs; that is, nearly on NGO for every 400 people (Source: Infochange)
- In South Africa, there were 136K+ registered NGOs and there are approximately 68 new NGOs register every day (Source: Republic of South Africa)
- In Kenya, the NGO sector represents 290K+ full-time employees and volunteers; 80% are under 24 (Source: Devex)
- In Australia, there are 600K+ NGOs, which employ 8% of the workforce. Only 60K are are registered with the ACNC (Source: Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission)
- In Gulf Nations, 9 out 10 people donate to NGOs regularly with 63% of donations being made during the religious holidays of Ramadan and Eid (Source: Philanthropy Age)
- In the Asia Pacific, 53% of citizens donate to NGOs: the highest are in Thailand (71%), Vietnam (70%), and Hong Kong (65%) with children’s health and education as the most popular cause (Source: MasterCard Engagement Bureau)
"Our role is to change the lives of people we may never meet,
with meaning and direction, one person at a time."
- Patrick Schoof, IM Managing Director
WHAT WILL GOING GLOBAL REQUIRE?
- Are you a globally strategic organization?
- Are performance and impact strong in each region?
- Are you allowing flexibility with your global identity?
- Are you integrating current operations with expansion?
- Are you prepared for challenges and opportunities?